Welcome to the Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association
The CMLA represents Muslim individuals of all backgrounds who are in the legal profession in Canada.
We exist to interact with and assist Muslim lawyers, law students, the Muslim community, the legal profession and the public at large in various capacities.
PROFESSIONAL ADVOCACY –
The CMLA advocates areas of interest for Muslim lawyers and law students to organizations such as the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association and other professional and non-professional organizations, including the various levels of government.
The CMLA is involved in providing education to the Muslim community regarding the Canadian legal system and the common law. We also conduct “in-house” education for CMLA members with respect to various areas of the law. In addition, we endeavour to educate and sensitize the profession to the legal needs of the Muslim community.
The CMLA acts as a catalyst for networking between Muslim lawyers, with other Muslim professionals, and networking with other organizations to make them aware of our expanding group.
PEER SUPPORT –
The CMLA provides mentorship to students, assistance with job placement, referrals and general support to our Muslim peers in the legal community.
- 07 Mar 2017Introducing the CMLA Board Nominees
- 12 Jan 2016Refugee Sponsorship: CMLA Volunteer Lawyers/Parrainage réfugiés: avocats bénévoles de l’ACAM
- 06 Nov 2015Formation Continue – Les services de soins spirituels dans le réseau de la santé: état des lieux et aspects juridiques
- 27 Oct 2015CMLA makes submissions on Quebec Bill 54 on Animal Welfare
- 02 Oct 2015Conférence – Projets de loi sur la neutralité religieuse et contre les discours haineux: Réalités et défis juridiques