The Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association
Founded in 1998, the CMLA is a Toronto-based non-profit association of Muslim lawyers from all Canadian provinces and territories. The CMLA has approximately 200 members and is funded entirely by the contributions of its members.
The CMLA is focused on four key areas of engagement. First, the CMLA helps build professional relationships among Canadian Muslim lawyers and between Canadian Muslim lawyers and members of other legal organizations. Second, the CMLA educates its members and the broader Canadian Muslim community on law topics of interest. Third, the CMLA provides peer support by providing law students and junior lawyers with mentorship and professional development seminars. Fourth, the CMLA serves as an advocate on select issues of importance to Canadian Muslim lawyers and the broader Canadian Muslim community.
- 07 Mar 2017Introducing the CMLA Board Nominees
- 12 Jan 2016Refugee Sponsorship: CMLA Volunteer Lawyers/Parrainage réfugiés: avocats bénévoles de l’ACAM
- 06 Nov 2015Formation Continue – Les services de soins spirituels dans le réseau de la santé: état des lieux et aspects juridiques
- 27 Oct 2015CMLA makes submissions on Quebec Bill 54 on Animal Welfare
- 02 Oct 2015Conférence – Projets de loi sur la neutralité religieuse et contre les discours haineux: Réalités et défis juridiques