The following are highlights of the CMLA Charter and By-Laws. If you wish to access the full text of the CMLA’s constating documents, please contact the CMLA.
The objects of the Association are:
- to advocate areas of interest for Muslim lawyers and law students;
- to provide education to the Muslim community regarding the Canadian legal system and common law rights;
- to provide peer support to Muslims in the legal community.
- The operations of the Association may be carried on throughout Ontario and elsewhere.
- The place within Ontario where the head office is to be situated is the City of Toronto.
- The Association shall operate without the purpose of financial gain for its members and any profit or other accretions to the Association shall be used in promoting its objects.
- The governors of the Association shall serve as such without remuneration and no governor shall directly or indirectly benefit financially or otherwise from his or her position as such; provided that a governor may be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred by him or her in the performance of his or her duties on behalf of the Association.
- 07 Mar 2017Introducing the CMLA Board Nominees
- 12 Jan 2016Refugee Sponsorship: CMLA Volunteer Lawyers/Parrainage réfugiés: avocats bénévoles de l’ACAM
- 06 Nov 2015Formation Continue – Les services de soins spirituels dans le réseau de la santé: état des lieux et aspects juridiques
- 27 Oct 2015CMLA makes submissions on Quebec Bill 54 on Animal Welfare
- 02 Oct 2015Conférence – Projets de loi sur la neutralité religieuse et contre les discours haineux: Réalités et défis juridiques