Membership in the CMLA is available only to lawyers called to the bar of a Canadian province or territory. Benefits of membership include the following:
- Membership provides you with the opportunity to actively participate in the CMLA’s advocacy work and lobbying efforts. Participation can take many forms, ranging from legal research assistance to appearing before a Parliamentary committee or representing CMLA before the courts.
- Your membership is also invaluable in financially supporting the ongoing advocacy and lobbying work of CMLA.
- The CMLA presents periodic seminars of interest to its members. Past seminars have included education seminars on judicial appointments, seminars by members to members on various legal topics and educational presentations on business topics relevant to the practice of law.
- The CMLA’s continuing public education seminar series offers lawyers the chance to present on areas of expertise to a broad segment of the Canadian Muslim community, as well as to learn from the expertise of fellow members.
- The CMLA anticipates providing accredited CLE programming to its members.
- Access to a national network of Canadian Muslim legal professionals through events, activities, seminars, networking dinners and more.
- Opportunities to network with other Muslim professionals through events held jointly with other organizations.
- CMLA-only electronic communities for community-building and idea-sharing.
- Access to CMLA’s Mentorship Program, as either a mentor or mentee.
- CMLA-only electronic communities for the sharing of legal and practice knowledge and information
- Access to CMLA’s NCA Advisory Program for foreign-trained lawyers
- CMLA facilitates career connections for its members by publicizing job placement opportunities and profiles of lawyers seeking articling or legal positions.
- 07 Mar 2017Introducing the CMLA Board Nominees
- 12 Jan 2016Refugee Sponsorship: CMLA Volunteer Lawyers/Parrainage réfugiés: avocats bénévoles de l’ACAM
- 06 Nov 2015Formation Continue – Les services de soins spirituels dans le réseau de la santé: état des lieux et aspects juridiques
- 27 Oct 2015CMLA makes submissions on Quebec Bill 54 on Animal Welfare
- 02 Oct 2015Conférence – Projets de loi sur la neutralité religieuse et contre les discours haineux: Réalités et défis juridiques